Monday, December 22, 2008

Bad luck and Blizzards

Apparently we chose to come home on one of the coldest and snowiest weeks so far. I flew from West Palm Saturday where it was a cool 65* and into Detroit just after they had a few days of snow only to be greeted by weather ranging well below 20* (dad even said he saw it at 5* at one point!)

I had high hopes to travel to Chicago with my mom this morning for some shopping, which happened to be foiled by days and days of seemingly endless snow and a train that was delayed 5 hours. But we managed to spend the day shopping none the less up in Grandville. Where to my delight we didn't have to spend the day walking around in Chicago's -20*, so I think it was meant to be. My blood has thinned quite a bit, I am pretty much always cold here, I rarely take my coat off in restaurants and as I sit here in front of the fire with a blanket on me and long pants and a hoody wondering why I have a chill.

Greg's supposed to be flying in tomorrow since we thought he had to work. But, we hope he can make it in and we hope we can get him safely into town from Detroit since the roads are not so great and there is more heavy snow on the forecast. He was not due in until about 11:30 PM. So in his attempt to avoid the bad storm he is headed to Ft. Lauderdale early to try and catch a flight on stand by. So, let's hope he makes it and we have the Merry and White Christmas we had hopped for.

1 comment:

Jeff and Lauren said...

Hey Hols - I am in Chicago right now with Jeff for an interview! Too bad you didn't come because I would have had a shopping buddy!!! Let me tell you though, walking around yesterday in the -20* windchills was SO cold. We ducked into a store like every block to warm up. :) Anyway, Merry Christmas! Hope Greg gets in okay.