Thursday, August 6, 2009

Crafty Lady

I blame my mother for giving me the curse of the craft. I LOVE making stuff. Well only certain things but when I see something in a magazine I always think I could make that! So here are some things I accomplished this summer. *the fabric store loves me*

After Successfully painting the bathroom an orange sorbet color I decided it needed some bold prints, so I stapled fabric to cheap painting canvas. (the walls look pink but they are orange). The toilet is right below this.



This is called a "crazy 9 patch" quilt. It was really fun to make. I used reproduction 30's prints for this "just because I wanted to" quilt. It was fun to go shopping for all this fabric with my birthday gift card (thanks Karen). I just have to top made so fa, still deciding what I want on the back and how I want to quilt it. I am also adding another outside border with the yellow fabric with the blue and white flowers just to make it a bit bigger.

Up close. I wanted to make the back out of the multicolor flower fabric I used to off set the blocks, but the store ran out. Bummer. So instead I got to finishing a quilt I was making for another baby boy, Tyler the AT academic coordinator is having a boy in September. So I did a big log cabin quilt with minky on the back, and cotton and flannel fabrics on the top.It is seriously soft. I used orange thread and did a swirls and loops quilting on it and it turned out awesome if I do say so myself. And I discovered minky witch could possibly be going on all my baby quilts from here on out. My kitchen was needing some valances, so I got creative and made some using kitchen towels. I am kinda using green, orange, and yellow and colors in my kitchen since I have the fiesta ware dishes and they are bright fun colors. kinda cottage feeling in our BIG kitchen. :) Here is the view of living room from the kitchen (we need a rug and to do something with those windows, but I am doing one room at a time.)

2 comments:

Jeff and Lauren said...

Hols- Your place looks great! And your quilts are beautiful. I like the crazy one. :)

Karen said...

I told you how much I loved the quilts when I was down, but I really love the kitchen valances. You are so clever!