So how do schools decide who gets an MA (Master of Arts) and who gets and MS (Master of Science)? I have my MA. Which I never quite understood, I took plenty of science classes, I wrote my thesis which means that I actually performed research (again requiring science), but my diploma says master of arts.
For those of you who don't know yet Greg is getting his Masters degree in Organizational Leadership at PBA. It is a 2 year program (just like mine) but he has no science classes, and has to write no thesis (lucky) and his degree will be an MS. Not to take anything away from what he will accomplish but I am jealous. I think people find an MS more impressive than an MA and I don't understand what would qualify Organizational Leadership as a science. I think he should get an Master of Organization then people could ask him what his MO was :)
What takes the cake (yes, I said takes the cake) is that the students who graduated the year after me from WMU obtained a MS degree for taking the same classes that I did. I don't get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment