Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Breather...

What a crazy holiday. Wonderful but crazy. We had 5 extra people on our home since the 20th. My Grandma, Katie, Logan, and my parents. We went all over town and had a great Christmas. The things it emphasised to me was 1) we need a bigger kitchen table, 2) a car that can fit more than 5 at a time, 3) never ending supply of TP, 4) don't get annoyed with grandma...she is old and lives alone, 5) there comes a time when traditions must change.

Mya LOVED having the kids here and everyone Loved being around her as usual. The day my family left (27th) just after we managed to get all the bedding washed, the floors swept and mopped it was round two of family fun, with only about 4 hours to ourselves in the mean time. Greg's Parents, Christie, and Tiny drove down from MI and will be with us till the 2nd. This morning I am having Holly's quiet time as I am sitting in on basketball practice until noon welcoming the breather in silence.

Family is great and I am so thankful we can host everyone on the holidays, sometimes it can be stressful having everyone in one house, but all in all I am glad we did it. It was nice having Christmas in our home, with our tree, not having to travel anywhere or pack anything. Christmas in the sunshine was a little odd, it didn't feel much like Christmas but isn't Christmas all about the food, fun, and family anyways? Greg did good this year on the loot, so pictures will be coming I didn't bring it to work with me though so you just get my words.

No comments: