Well....I have a moment to breath...but just a quick one! I have accepted a position with Occupational Athletics as of Monday, I will be working for Consumers Energy in Lansing, MI. What that means basically is that I will be responsible for the Consumers workers keeping them safe and healthy, addressing ergonomic issues, as well as focusing on prevention of injury. Occupational athletics is a national company working with many corporations such as consumers. I am very happy and excited to be a part of this new endeavor. I will begin on the 4th of April, we have so much to get worked out in the mean time and I feel like we have money flying here and there, but it will all work out for the best and we are so excited. This job will be outside of the realm of athletics of which I am so familiar, but it is regular hours (7-3), all weekends and holidays OFF, and great pay! Greg will be doing "daddy daycare" for a while until he finds a part time or full time gig, but I know it will be a good situation!
PBA took the news wonderfully and they are being gracious and understanding. Our last day here will be the 18th, we will pack up and start our drive on the 25th.
One thing I had not anticipated was Michigan state licensure being so difficult, and expensive to obtain! WOW! Florida licensure was a breeze. MI is telling me it could take 6-8 weeks?!?! What, after paying close to $400 just to apply after everyone gets their fees for verifications, they better get it to me overnight!
PBA took the news wonderfully and they are being gracious and understanding. Our last day here will be the 18th, we will pack up and start our drive on the 25th.
One thing I had not anticipated was Michigan state licensure being so difficult, and expensive to obtain! WOW! Florida licensure was a breeze. MI is telling me it could take 6-8 weeks?!?! What, after paying close to $400 just to apply after everyone gets their fees for verifications, they better get it to me overnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment