Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just Peachy

Today I am 13 weeks along and according to the babycenter.com Jr. is the size of a peach. I can't really feel anything down there (the occasional cramp) but I am sure everything is going along smoothly as I am still in the throngs of morning sickness, but overall feeling much better than weeks 7-10. Our next appointment is next Wednesday where I am sure I am going to hear the heartbeat, but we don't have another ultrasound until week 18 where we get to find out the sex. Everyone asks what I want it to be. But I am just happy with a baby, I always picture it is a girl but that is just because girl names are more fun and I am not really sure what to do with a boy.

I watched the Kardashians this week (shame shame I know) but I was shocked and amazed when Kourtney was giving birth and the doctor quite literally let her pull her baby out herself and up to her chest. I don't think I am going to have that kind of resolve, she made it look like a walk in the park. The whole giving birth process is very scary to me. I am not sure if reading more is actually helping me or not, but I am sure once I get on that bed everything I will have read will go right out the door and instinct will just take over. Let's hope.

1 comment:

Jeff and Lauren said...

:)You are going to breeze right through labor! And even if you don't, you get the coolest present afterwards!

I am still deciding what my sex prediction is going to be. Maybe you should put up a vote on your blog. (Also, I thought Will was going to be a boy all along! I was right...I know, it's 50/50 anyway!)