The quest for a good egg salad sandwich has consumed my thoughts for the past 2 hours. I am really craving egg salad from Hope College's Cook Hall. Man, those were SO GOOD! mmmm... a big scoop on big thick soft slices of whole wheat bread with a little touch of lettuce, man I am salivating. I have spoken with my students and my peers on where I can go to find some good egg salad without relish and crunchy things in it and I have been pointed towards the Jewish Deli....TooJay's (apparently it is a FL thing). It is on the island and I am SO going there on my way home from work. I am sure it is going to be no Cook Hall (which I am sure just came in a tub and they made it look homemade) but I am nevertheless excited.
Something they don't tell you before you get pregnant.... NO DELI MEAT!?!?! Listeria what Listeria?! I really would just love a turkey, mayo, spicy mustard, and pepper jack cheese sandwich one of these days, but I am doing my best to be compliant, for now.
****Update- After all that hoping and wishing my order of no tomato on whole wheat was ignored and I did not know until I got home to unwrap my delicious treat that they decided that tomato and rye bread would work. Bummer, I picked the tomato off and ate the rye but needless to say it was NO COOK.*****
No comments:
Post a Comment