Monday, July 5, 2010

Back...with photos

Sooooo.....where did I leave off. on the 22nd of June I packed my bags once again to head off on an adventure, a very last minute adventure, to NATA Convention. Usually I LOVE convention, it is a time to see old friends, meet new ATC's, learn a lot of new things, walk around the exhibition hall and score free goodies. But this time I was sent to work, I went on a search for a new head AT, but came home empty handed. I managed to sneak in some fun here and there, to get a great tour of Philadelphia for the first time, eat some authentic Cheese Steaks "Wiz Wit", and get stuck in a freak rain storm and break my new shoes (which thankfully the store replaced when I got home!) Praise God Meter and Cooper were already planning on going to convention this year and I was able to stay with them they made the trip worth while for me.

We walked and walked to go see the liberty bell only to arrive at 4:58 and have them tell us it is closed at 5, and we could go look through the window at it, Seriously?!Here is the bus I wish we were on, but no we walked. I in my no so supportive flip flops with my long day of travel puffy feet. (photo wouldn't go the right way sorry).The welcome ceremony was at the museum, there was not as big of a turn out as usual as the bars this year were not open. Let's be honest get a bunch of ATCs in one town there is a lot of drinking going on. This year however, Cooper and I, being pregnant and all stuck to water.Here we are on our way to get some real cheese steaks trying to figure out the metro system. Where else would we go but to Pat and Geno's two of "the best" literally right across the street from one another. Naturally we had to get a sub at each to compare. I liked Pat's better. It was a process I got my credit card basically thrown at me at Geno's (cash only) and had to learn the "proper" way to order "wiz wit" (cheese wiz with onions), they don't mess around.Geno's action shotPat's King of Steaks.City of Brotherly Love (look at those Bingo wings)

Way way down there you can see the "rocky steps." After all the eating and walking that day I was happy to have made it that far, the photo was all I needed.

All in all not a horrible trip, glad to be home though.

No comments: