Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rain Rain...I need a nap

So, Week one day 3...I'm pooped.  Between the move, getting up before 6 every day this week, and Lilly deciding that she is not to go to sleep before 10PM everyday it's been hard to get a solid 8 hours of sleep in.  The job is really seeming to be something that I can do a good job at as well as enjoy!  I am very happy about that.  The world of occupational athletic training was not one I had ever envisioned myself in before now, and I think it may just be a great fit.  I am the Occupational Athletic Trainer for Kalamazoo, Allegan, Overisel, and White Pigeon Consumers energy sites.  Which basically means SW MI is mine along with a lot of driving.  The gas and electric guys seem great and are all for the most part happy we are there for them.  I get to arrive at their facility when they arrive which is different for each facility but is between 6-8am.  I will lead them in a wellness teaching and pre-shift stretch routine, after that my day is up to me I can stay put in the training room or go out on the job with the guys/gals along with my hard hat reflective vest and safety glasses and see what they do on a daily basis.  I think the job will be different every day and I am up for the challenge. The hardest part so far has been getting up and out before the sun! But I only work 8 hours a day and NO WEEKENDS and that couldn't make me happier.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I'm gonna need a picture of you in a reflective vest, hard hat and safety glasses :)