I am sure you all feel neglected. But I assume since no one is posting comments I feel as though no even reads this. Life is getting into more of a routine for me and I am in the thick of things this Fall semester and season. Not that you would know that it was fall around here. It is more like the heat of hurricane season. Last week was a good one for the most part I have been starting to feel better, sniffle, cough, and hack have left me. However,last Friday Mya got spaed and we had to put this evil cone collar on her so she wouldnt lick her wound. Well she did not know what to think of that thing, she refused to move with it on. She would not walk, lay down, or sit. She did however proceed to vomit and have diarrhea all night due to the stress of the evil collar as I like to call it. We brought her back to the vet for fluids and meds and we have not put the collar on her since. She is doing fine, back to her sock stealing, morning barking, toy romping self.
Cleaning up dog vomit and poo at 4 am did make me think, is this what a child is going to be like? Then I was glad she was a dog and we could put her in a crate when we left the house, cant do that with a kid and not go to jail for it that is for sure! Greg was generous enough to hold the dog while I cleaned up the nastiness.
I am going to pickup running again, this time for real. I have a running partner and we are going to start tomorrow morning. 1.5 miles we shall see how I do. I have not done much since the 15K in May. But heck I ran a 15K in May! 1.5 miles should be nothing right?! Stupid hot and humid FL. I am not looking forward to it. I am however, trying to get Greg started with me since I am not on high milage anymore. I think that would be great if we could do that together.
Ok I assume I am rambling at this point. I will get some pictures up of Mya and her EVIL cone later since they are priceless. But for now I need to get lunch before I teach my class about the pain response in the body...ahhh the life.
2 comments:
I am reading!! Keep it coming roomie!
It's about time you posted a new blog! I check everyday for a new one...
Post a Comment