Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Twilight

Ever since college when I discovered that reading could be done just for fun, and not some sick form of torture set upon by a teacher's plot to ruin my evening, I have loved fiction novels. I have read each of the Harry Potter books at least 3 times. I began to broaden my scope to books about leadership, how to grow in my faith, how to raise a puppy, and even actually reading the Journal of Athletic Training cover to cover. Reading does something for your mind that no movie or tv show ever could.

I can not encourage people enough to read! I wonder if people who say "I don't read" really can read. Do they just choose not to because they would rather have someone else tell them how to think, and what to think, and how far their imagination can take them. People who are in a role to lead, to influence, an to educate are people who should be READING! OK, enough of my soap box.

The latest of my fiction novels has been Twilight, let's ignore the part that it was written for teens. Oh man it was good, a little love, a little action. I am already on chapter 6 of New Moon. I highly recommend it, the first chapters kinda drag but you get sucked in toward the end. I was reading it outside of Starbucks with Greg the other day during the highest climactic part of the book when one of my athletes saw me snuck up on me put their hands over my eyes, pulled me back, and I SCREAMED! People around us who saw it coming were laughing so loud, I was in shock. If my heart was not pumping fast already it sure was after that.

GO READ!

1 comment:

Eric said...

I remember when you use to make fun of me for reading...nerd!