Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quilting Fool


I have been busy!  Here are my latest creations. 2 quilts for 2 baby girls on their way, and one "taggie" for Will.  All were made with no pattern.  I learned my lesson after making Will a baby quilt the size of Texas, these are both about 36"x 36".
This one is called a "disappearing 9 patch".  looks way more intricate that it really is, but I added flannel fabric to the regular cotton for some texture and softness.  I like that sneaky stuff.  I quilted it by using pink thread and stitching in the ditch on the big squares.  Gives the flannel back a cool pattern.
This one was just simple patchwork with cotton fabric. I added 2 borders and binding in each of the fabrics to give the back some color.  I quilted it by zig-zag stitching on the seems with yellow thread, it makes the squares pop out, it was a cool effect. 


I saw a taggie and thought I could make that, so here is my first attempt, no pattern just sheer genius.  Lauren, you will have to let me know if Will likes it. 

So, I have one last quilt to make, and since I just found out the sex I can get busy.  I was hoping she was having a boy.


2 comments:

Jeff and Lauren said...

Hols - I am sure he is going to love it. Actually, these past couple of days he has been grabbing at the tags on his stuffed animals so this will be perfect. I can't wait! You are a sweetie and you have an eye for quilt making.

Karen said...

Hol, they are fantastic! The taggie is exactly what I was talking about. You have the gift!