Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Renaissance Man

Greg has been a busy man. This weekend we were very old married couply-ish. Our friends asked us if we wanted to go out but we were both to busy crafting to want to go anywhere. I am working on yet another baby quilt for Isabella who is to arrive in December (pictures to come, of the quilt that is). Greg was in the garage trying to refinish the coffee table we purchased off of Craigslist when we moved in. It was the perfect size but the table left a lot to be desired. But amazingly after a LOT of sanding (our garage is a mess), some wood fuller, paint, and varnish our table looks brand new. He left the top the knotty pine, and painted the bottom a cream color since he had to fill in some doggy chew marks from the previous owner. I think it looks at least 10 times better than when we got it. He is so handy with most things. We just try to keep him away from the electrical after he almost killed himself trying to rewire the ceiling fans.

Here is the Before picture with a little of the wood filler in the bottom.

Here is it after. I love it, good work Greg. The bottom shelf is a perfect place to store all of Mya's toys and a few quilts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that coffee table! Greg is awesomes.

Karen said...

Very impressive. You obviously take after your mother in your craftiness.