So, today I have just been thinking about all of the things I would like to do to our place to make it more "homey." Right now we have our furniture in place but still almost a year after moving in we have some bare walls and only plastic blinds in all of the windows. I have this long list of things I would like to go get and do to the place to make it feel warmer. We can call it the I want list... a rug for the living room since it is all tile and can feel quite sterile at times, and possibly get some nice light flowy curtains to cover the 3 windows in the living room, some nice frames and shelves for the wall for some interest. For a while I was content to just deal with it since we are just renting, but lately I just want it to be right. Am I "nesting"already? This could get expensive and I am trying to control my urges but I just spent the last 30 minutes at work looking up area rugs.... Craigslist has done us well in the past and I think we are going to be able to find some good baby things on there (such as changing table/dresser, and those types of odds and ends that don't need to be new) since there are no garage sales around here Craigslist is the next best thing!
Yesterday, I discovered after a long telephone conversation with Sheniqua at BCBS, that I should have timed this pregnancy better. For some reason my insurance plan renews on March 31st. This means that all the appointments that I have up to that date count on this terms deductible, and on April 1st I get to start over from scratch. It is sickening! It is one event and I am so annoyed that if I would have had an insurance plan that renewed on January 1st this would not even be an issue, I mean it all occurs within a year, I wish they would make an acception for pregnancy, but they would rather stick it to me! I know it will all be worth it, but I am not excited about essentially paying my deductible twice. This issue it was not even something that had crossed my mind. I am so thankful however that this little bean in my belly was planned, because we will be needing every penny we have piled up!
1 comment:
It's only the beginning. First comes the insurance and hospital bill...then comes college! It's all worth it.
Post a Comment