We had our 37 week checkup, and for those of you who are not up to date on the world of baby this means that Lilly is officially full term. Everything went well, except for the part where I think their scales need to be recalibrated as I KNOW I did not gain 3 pounds in one week after holding steady for the past 2, maybe I just gained it all in my face. I am telling you this swelling thing is no joke. But the doctor told us that we can get another ultrasound next week to check baby position and try and guess baby weight. That is exciting. She also let us know that they do not let babies go over one week overdue, so that gives Lillian an eviction notice of Sept 7th, which is also very nice. Lastly she said we can just opt to induce on our due date if we wanted to rather than waiting, which kind of surprised me. But, I think I would rather just try and wait and let nature run it's course because I hear being induced is not always the most fun either and I would like to limit my time in the hospital as much as possible.
Lilly is moving a ton, she totally favors the right side, I think I have a butt in my rib cage most of the time and her legs and arms are over to the left side constantly doing something. I am doing good all in all, back at work so moving quite a bit so that is good makes the days go by faster.
We are ready though! I guess ready as you can be for something you can't really totally prepare for. Hopefully Mya is ready I think she has no clue.
2 comments:
Yeah you're smart not to be induced if you don't have to be! I won't ever do it again unless they make me!
Pretty soon you're going to miss the constant kicking! For months after Will came, I had to remind myself that the flutters I felt were definitely gas! :)
You guys are going to be such great parents! The great part about raising kids is that everyone starts in the exact same place...CLUELESS!
Can't wait! Guess I better get a bag packed too!
Post a Comment