So, we are departing this evening (once my sentence with the VB camp is through) piling into a rented car with books on CD, clothes, snacks, and our Booger (Mya's other nickname) driving 24 (or less) hours to arrive at a little place we like to call "home."
We have not seen all the splendor Kalamazoo, MI has to offer since we were home around Christmas time. Oh, the fields of corn in Vicksburg, Westnedge Avenue what with its restaurants and mall, real grass, a climate that actually cools below 85* when the sun goes down, Family, and who can forget BEANERS (Biggby, whatever)! These are just a few of the things I am looking forward to in good 'ol Kzoo. Just that feeling that you belong.
You may be wondering, why is it hard to get that warm fuzzy feeling of belonging in West Palm, Holly? Oh, I will tell you why. When the closest thing I have to designer anything is Vera Bradley bag and Gap jeans, I drive a VW and like it, I dont have a NY accent or say ya'll, I don't like to honk my car horn, I have not had a pedicure since 2001,I believe it is possible to wear jeans and a tshirt with your hair up and be cute,I run my AC all year round and don't care what my elecrtic bill says beacuse it is hot out, and I say pop which kinda has a making one stick out.
But heading north will be refreshing and fun, and I am sure when those 10 days are over I will be anxious to go "home" to the sunshine, our big bed, and our new friends, and all that I will have discovered is comfortable about life down south. I am proud of us for stepping out and having the courage to leave all that we were used to behind to begin the adventure of the Hill's being on our own away from everything we knew into this world of richies and crazies. I have to say we are doing it, and we are doing it well! Who knows how long we will be here and who knows where we will be off to next, but in the mean time I will enjoy every minute of it, or just maybe make funny observations about those minutes that are not so enjoyable.
1 comment:
Three things...
1. Love the new BLOG look.
2. Drive carefully.
3. Yeah for you for having such a positive attitude about being away from home. I think that's what it takes and Jeff and I would agree that it does make you stronger. Still though, I think there are ALWAYS those things about "home" that we miss. I really miss Meijer and the roads in MI (especially being able to go 70 on the highways!!). Sounds silly but there is nothing here like a Meijer - not even close!
Enjoy your visit Hills! Wish we could see you while you are home.
Post a Comment