Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Solo grande skinny chai, please

For all of you out there not training to be a barista I just ordered a medium chai tea latte with skim milk and one shot of espresso. My usual in the morning on my way to work. Nothing like a heaping hot cup of spicy caffeine to get your day started right. Oh, did I mention an overpriced cup of contentment, or maybe a foamy warmness that can be matched by none, or possibly a really bad habit that I can't stop, and choose not to.

A popular coffee shop that I will not name (rhymes with sublux or parflux) has managed to reel me in with their catchy marketing and stellar memories. Some may find it sad that all I have to do is walk in and I am greeted with "good morning Holly, hot or cold today" (because sometimes I get it over ice). But I find that welcome warming and it makes me want to come back, they ask me how Mya is doing and when they are going to see her again, we chit chat a bit and then I am on my way to the car, latte in hand, smile on face, dent in wallet.

Should I feel bad that I spend (blah blah blah) on coffee every month? Probably.
Do I? sometimes.
Why don't I make coffee at home? It is just not the same.
Who do I blame? Grad school, and the hours I spent at Beaners Coffee working on my thesis. I did not even like (we will call it Sublux) when I moved down here. Their chocolate is all wrong, their espresso tasted different that my usual Biggby's (apparently beaners is an offensive name for a coffee shop).
But I found a drink I love and isn't it my ultimate happiness we are talking about here? I think so...

1 comment:

Eric said...

This is not wrong at all. I have/had the same relationship at my coffee place. They were sad when I told them I was moving lol. If I ever get some free time, finding a good coffee shop is on my list of things to do:)