This weekend I get to say farewell to my glorious days of nothing-ness. Yup that is right kids it is staff retreat time. A time for Holly to catch up on her bad attitude and boredom. Hours and hours in a hotel meeting room with all the athletics staff, where I get to learn of all the tedious policies and procedures the NCAA has put in place for the coaches to follow and wonder why I am there. Needless to say the best part is the coffee and doughnuts in the morning only to lead into a slow progression of BLAH! And the best part is that it takes place 3 times a year! And not to add to my bad attitude everyone is SOOOOO excited because we get to play beach volleyball as one of our "activities." Have they not noticed it is a bagillion degrees outside, and the sand is hot, and it sticks to you when you get sweaty, and I wont feel like going in the ocean to cool off because there are jelly fish. Sorry to be the spoiled sport people, but cant we do something inside? If I wanted to sweat I would go drive around in my car for a while.
On a birighter less whinny note this retreat will be the kickoff to the preseason craziness which I enjoy so much. I will get to be out in the hotness of the summer keeping the athletes alive and working on my tan (yes at long last a tan is possinle) and really getting to know my team and students. We have a new coach this year for Women's soccer so I am hoping that relationship will be a good one and that I will be able to enjoy starting the new year at work.
Poor booger wont know what to do all day with daddy and me gone away at work. I am sure she will catch up on her chewing, crate digging, napping, oh and I cant forget licking stuff, she is really good at licking stuff.
1 comment:
Holly...a tan? Let's be honest here! Just kidding. I am sure you are super dark right now. ;)
Post a Comment