Green is becoming a new 4 letter word to me. It makes my skin crawl. Maybe it is because I come from the era that was raised saying "give a hoot don't pollute." Maybe it is because I don't believe the planet is in a state of global warming that is all the fault of us evil humans. maybe it is because I am tired of liberals trying to make the rest of us feel bad because we have a "carbon footprint" and the world will be a horrible place for our children if we don't act now! Ug, go green, blah! There is green food, green cleaning supplies, green houses, green cars, green TV channels, I am wearing a green shirt! When will this end, when will green go back to being a color and stop being a movement.
Don't get be wrong, I am all for helping the environment and taking care of the world God gave us, we recycle, we throw our trash where it belongs, we have a short commute to work, I would dare say our footprint is small compared to the Al Gore's of the world. I am just tired of hearing all the ways that the government is going to to stop global warming, or charge this tax and that tax to corporations for their carbon footprint, and how England is already giving its people a carbon allowance and if you go over that you have to buy carbon credits!
When the time comes that NY is under water because of the ice caps melting as predicted by Gore's propoganda (although this year they actually gained in size but no one is going to tell you that) I will maybe try a little harder. But until then you can "go green" I am just going to try and "give a hoot."
No comments:
Post a Comment