Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Florida Ic

So far so good with preseason. We had a practice this morning and we have 2 more later today. Well, when I say we I mean them. I just sit and watch, but honestly I do not know what is worse. Sweating like someone with a hyperactive gland problem just watching them workout or sweating during a working out. 2 days ago I wore a grey shirt, and managed to have that thing sweated through by the time practice was over (a reminder, I was just walking and sitting). The next day I chose a navy shirt which was equally as sweaty but not as detectable yet twice as hot (not to mention I had lots of sun block on and I was quite sticky). Today I thought a white top would solve all my problems. I also used a different sun block in an attempt to not feel as utterly disgusting between practices. I managed to stand in the line of shade cast by the lone palm tree on the field. But when I am in my sweaty mess and feeling like I just want to sit in the AC and take a shower my real work begins, getting girls treated, recording injuries, running around making sure everyone has what they need in a short time so that they can make it out the door and get to lunch in time. So, now I rest in anticipation for this to begin all over in a couple hours, only to be outside longer this afternoon, add more sweat and sunblock to my layer of the Florida iciness, run home afterward get a shower in before I need to be back here again to get the girls ready for their evening conditioning.

Oh I just LOVE PRESEASON.

No comments: