Well, 2 weeks ago before heading to Cocoa beach I decided to get back out there and act like a runner again, since the scale was telling me all my hard work in January was soon to be in vain. Well my "quick little jog" wound me up with a strained hip muscle (which has not bothered me in months), I got a mile out and had to gimp back, it was like out of no where. It's my tensor fascia muscle (the one that turns into the IT band) and it is the worst. After lots of excuses and quite a bit of complaining I have been telling myself it is time to take action. So I have been treating myself like one of my athletes and yesterday I got back outside and attempted a 15 minute run. I concentrated on my form and ran with a good rhythm. Although I felt my hip the whole time and was limping around all evening afterward it sure felt good to be out running. It is so relaxing. So today on my running schedule I think I am going to do 1.5 miles, and hope my hip cooperates.
You know when you live in a place like Florida you should have no excuse why you can't get out and get moving! (unless of course a hurricane is coming).
No comments:
Post a Comment