Saturday, April 18, 2009

Day in the park

Today was a really great day.  After a week of work, work, work at PBA, and doing a side job at the USTA boys 12 and under tournament on Thursday for a good 12 hour day, it was nice to have a really great Saturday to do whatever we wanted.  
We finally rigged the glass doors in our bedroom so Mya can't see out at night and BARK AT EVERYTHING!  So we both got a full night sleep, praise the Lord.  Greg was nice enough and let me sleep in, he must know what is good for him.  When I was finally up and about we went to Lowes to look at knobs and pulls for the new bedroom furniture we are buying.  We are getting solid wood bed, dresser, mirror, 2 side tables for $250!  Another great Craigslist find, but we figured some new hardware would spruce it up nicely (pictures to come when it is in our place).  
After that we went home to get Mya and we headed out to the park.  Christ Fellowship (our church) was having a community outreach party in the park and annual kick ball tournament.  It was really fun and a beautiful day, I have the raccoon eyes to show for it.  A lot of my athletes, who attend Christ Fellowship,  joined a kick ball team and looked very team like in their fancy pink tye dyed t-shirts.  Greg, Mya, and I watched them do a lot of kicking, running, and falling.  There was a huge turn out though, I think the outreach was a big success, the church got big bounce houses for kids, there was fishing, and snow cone and cotton candy machines, they were grilling and picnicking.  I had fun sitting in the sunshine watching my friends play and eating cotton candy, Mya had fun getting a lot of attention from EVERYONE (she's such a flirt), and I think we all were happy to be out and feel apart of something.  All in all a great day in the park.  

Since we were both in the bright sun-shinny mood we headed home to put a good shine on the house and cleaned for a good hour and a half.  Greg vacuumed ("swept"), sticky rolled, and shampooed the carpet and I am sure there is still dog hair in there. When Greg is in the mood to clean I don't get in his way!  Freshly showered and with Sloppy Joes in the pot Brooklyn and Rich came over to get whooped at cards and Mario cart, and finish off the Shiraz we opened up.  Like I said a great day, and I hope to finish it out the best way possible if you know what I mean ;)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Glad you got Mya to stop barking at night! Also glad the event in the park was such a success. It sounded fun.