Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Peace of God

It has been one of those weeks, where all you can do is pray that the peace of God will cover you in all you do and grant you wisdom and calmness. Ya, I know, one of THOSE weeks. This week, granted it is only Wednesday, there seem to be a lot of situations just hitting the fan at once. No warning, no preparation, no clear answer that will resolve any situation. When God wants your attention he has His way of getting it.

I have been reading James 1, and I just want to share a little bit with you here that has really helped me these past couple days.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does."

Who doesn't want perseverance of faith, to be unwavering? Find the joy in your trials and seek God's wisdom and peace in your life through prayer. God is good and his peace is overwhelming! As horrible of a day I was having yesterday and Friday...I know the peace I am feeling today is an answer to prayer.

No comments: