Monday, April 20, 2009

Stupid Florida Weather

What is a girl supposed to do? I am trying to do good things for my body and wake up and go running. What does my body say to me this morning. I am thinking it is yelling profanities, but I am sure it is more like giving me a stern talking to. It is hot a humid right now, and I didn't decide to roll out of bed till about 9. SO, by the time I get dressed and on the street it is closer to 9:30. The sun is up and it had just finished sprinkling, so you know the air is going to be thick. I had planned to run for 30 minutes but when I started I could tell my joints just felt stiff, but thankfully I felt all loosy goosy after 5 minutes. I had 1 car and 1 garbage truck honk at me on my run, they must go for the "my shorts are riding up, I am sweating through my t-shirt, and my face is bright red" look. Around minute 20 I knew 30 minutes was going to be a stretch, although I had pulled it off multiple times before, breathing was quite difficult with the air and the heat, the body was willing but my lungs were quitting on me. I forced myself to get to the corner so I ran about 2.5 miles. I went up stairs sweating like...well, like something the sweats A LOT, I will go with an old hairy man so you get a good visual, and grabbed Mya to take her on a walk. Silly thing is during our walk my sweating calmed down and I began to notice what a nice day it was with a pleasant breeze and the sun shinning. Where was that during my run? This is why I am lead to believe my body just likes playing tricks on me, causing me pain, making me hack up things so I can't breath, you know that general all over why am I doing this to myself feeling. After our pleasant walk (my cool down) I got in the shower, eventually had some lunch, and then it hit me the blech feeling all over again. My hip hurts (nothing new there), I have a headache (again I am pretty used to that), really tired (but I slept till 9) and its Monday. So, I buck up head to work grab a latte for the headache and the being tired and I used the foam roller on the hip once I got here. We will see how this all pans out but it is mornings like this that remind me why I like running at night.

No comments: