Thursday, May 27, 2010

Big

Yesterday I think it officially began....I feel BIG. I have managed to sneak a nap in every day this week but the in between time I feel so full of energy. I think yesterday I was doing too much (if sitting at a sewing machine for 3 hours can be considered exerting yourself) because I started to get a sharp pain in my side. I laid down for a bit and it passed in a few minutes but yuck. We went out last night to make a few purchases since we had some good coupons at Baby R Us and just walking around the store my belly was starting to get sore. It made me feel big. What is even worse is that my 3rd trimester starts next week and I am only going to get bigger. I am sure it is all just growing pains but it makes me feel weak and out of shape, in between the bouts of alive and FULL OF ENERGY. Being pregnant is one of the strangest things (physically, emotionally, socially) that I have had the joy of experiencing thus far.

As for now I am going to go feel big at Starbucks while I read my Nora Roberts for a while. I am truly a Patterson, I just need that daily fix of social interaction. Think about it, I am going by myself to sit in a booth and read in my own head, but somehow since the baristas know me and I can people watch and say hello I feel like I am "out" and among friends. Ok you Psych major and counselors there has to be a name for that? Greg calls it expensive ;-)

No comments: