Monday, May 3, 2010

Kaylie's Quilt

Karem Hernandez, one of the office managers at PBA, is having a baby in late July, Kaylie. Her room is going to be lady bugs, red, black, and lime green. Here is my interpretation of that....


Bees, hummingbirds, flowers, and dots, Looks nice on Lilly's crib doesn't it?!The back is a lady bug batik fabric that I LOVE! I really lucked out with that one, and I used up some of the fat quarters on the back for something extra, as well as the binding is the left over fabrics from the front, it worked out really well.

I did my favorite quilting stitch the meandering swirly with a fun lime green variegated thread called "lime sherbet." The swirls work well the with bees, looks like their flight path or something. Here is Karem opening it up at my shower yesterday, everyone looked at me funny when I brought a gift to my own shower. But, I was unable to go to hers, and I just got the quilt done so I figured why not. Hopefully picture of baby and quilt to come. Seems like every one I make is my new favorite. Who doesn't like bright pink and lime green?!

No comments: