Friday, April 30, 2010

Hunky Dory

I have decided to make Lilly's quilt and crib skirt and decorate with Moda's Hunky Dory fabric. It is fun and twirly and soft and floral. And most of all Greg likes it too, so all and all a win! I am making a quick simple top with square piecing of each of the prints in the Hunky Dory line of fabric and using a neutral sashing. Then the plan is to back it with a bigger print of the fabric here are some of my favorites from the line for a taste ....click this link to see the whole line. I seriously have a special relationship with fabric. It makes me happy :)

Twirly...
I like this one, or this one in pink for the back.
Girly...Floral...
I also had the brainstorm to make the letters for the wall. I like it in nurseries where they spell the name on the wall, I know it is the "thing" right now but I think it is cute and since we don't plan on painting I figure it is a way to bring some of the decorating to the walls. So, I have a couple ideas on how to make up letters and cut it out of fabric and then iron it on to another fun fabric and get that on the wall (either frame, or staple to canvas, or use a sewing form and ribbon, or....) but I think it will be fun and fabric-y. More to come on that later.
Here is another line called Nicey Jane that I just love and am going to have to make something out of, maybe something with Minky on it. I like the blues and greens and oranges more than the pinks but it is fun in a retro kinda way.

As you can probably tell I am excited to have tomorrow off and I can spend the day finishing up my 2 gift baby quilts (HOPEFULLY) they are so cute, and I am glad they are almost done so I can focus on Lilly's room while I can still fit behind the machine.

No comments: