Monday, April 26, 2010

I need control

This weekend we had the amazing opportunity to get OUT OF WPB! So we took it and headed up to Orlando for the night. We stayed and a great hotel for really cheap and just that little break was so refreshing. We were able to head to St. Petersburg Saturday morning and get my dad, and head back to Orlando for the day. A day of downtown Disney and bus hopping to different Disney hotels. All in all a way to enjoy Disney for FREE. Except of course the few items we HAD to get for Lilly (a Minnie doll that had a rattle in the body, and a pretty onsie with Minnie on it).

It was a good weekend of getting away without being far away, but back to reality and I am beginning to worry about things. I would not consider myself a "worrier" as much as a "planner." I like to know what I going on, and when I don't, I try and figure it out, which very quickly turns into something that looks and feels like worry. I like to solve problems and think of solutions, I get very uneasy when life is just lingering in the middle ground of no direction. Greg and I go back and forth between what to do when Lilly gets here. Will Lilly make it here? Do I take more than the 3 months off? Will work let me? What do we do for child care? Can Greg work from home? Are we supposed to stay at PBA? Do we stay in West Palm? Do we try and move closer to family? What would we do for jobs up north? Can Greg find something that would allow me to work part time or not at all? What are we thinking moving back to the snow? There are just so many things to think about and I just feel like I am ready for a change. One would think having a baby would be enough change but I feel like it needs to be more. It is hard in the stress to really see God's hand in it all, where he wants us to go or stay. I know it was his plan for us to come here, but I think so many things are happening here that God is making the decision to walk away an easy one. The stressful part is that we don't know where we are walking to or when it is going to happen. UG, for a planner, one who likes control of a situation, just relying on God and waiting to see what will happen next can be pure torture!

1 comment:

~Jen~ said...

Hello...welcome to the last 10 months of my life!!! hahaha. I know it's stressful and frustrating, but I also know that submitting to God's will (whenever He reveals a bit of it) is so freeing! He hasn't given you any answers just yet, but if it's anything like it was/has been with me the feeling of restlessness is a pretty good indicator that He's about to make some changes. Everything is going to be good, and no matter where you end up I guarantee I will be making a trip or two next year to visit!