Thursday, July 30, 2009

ANTS!!!!

Due to the lack of anything interesting to talk about except for every day life, which at times I find less than exciting, I am venting about our infestation. Itty bitty creepy crawly ants, the way that only happens in Florida. They come in thousands. The hotter it is outside, the more you find inside. I hate to complain, well actually I like complaining sometimes, but compared to the rats we had at our last place ants are nothing major. It seems though, that we just cant get rid of them. We put out killer, strategically so Mya cant get at it, and they swarm to it. Soon after there are no ants for a few days. Just when we believe we have thwarted them there is a long trail of ants coming from the kitchen sink all the way over to behind the fridge. So, Greg gets out the caulk (sp?) and covers all the cracks he sees them fleeing too and from. We then feel triumphant that we have once again proved our superiority and dominance. That is until this morning when we discover they had gotten into the cupboard and helped themselves to the Cheerios. This victory and defeat has been going on ever since we moved in. They just keep finding new ways in. Once we finally have a handle on passage "A" they are already onto passage "D". It is maddening!

UG...we cant win. Even worse it means I cant leave a dirty dish on the counter over night, let alone a couple hours. Lord knows I am incapable of doing the dishes in a timely manner. I need to work on my housekeeping, better yet I need to train Greg better. Ya I like that idea, looks like I really have my work cut out for me.

I would post a photo, but some things are better left washed down the drain.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I had a problem with ants too. I got some home defense stuff and sprayed around all my doors and outside. So far I haven't seen another ant yet.