Friday, July 24, 2009

Family, Soccer, and Movies, Oh My.

Starting Sunday Greg's parents and his sisters step son, Keiffer, came down for a few days. I was in the middle of working for the USTA clay court national tournament on Sunday and Monday I had kiddy soccer camps at PBA starting. So just as my slothfulness had no choice but to go away I now found myself extremely busy. Greg was able to take the days off to spend some much needed QT with the fam at the beach and pool, and I was able to wrap up my long days with some relaxing meals and good conversation. Despite my business I am very glad they were able to come for even a short time (if nothing else Karen is much better than Greg at getting the dishes done ;) Thanks, hope Mom posts those pics soon.

Soccer camp should be wrapping up today, and it couldn't be too soon. Kids ages 5-13 all day! I am not a patient person with whinny kids and Coach has been putting me in drillsin 90* + weather. With all this added exertion and added stress by the time 4:00 rolls around I am ready for a shower and a nap. My quads and calves are SO SORE!

Yesterday however right around bed time rather than going to bed we were able to go to a last minute private showing of the Ugly Truth. Greg and I have the ultimate hook up. Essentially we can see movies for free whenever we want. As of late I have been to my first 2 sneak peeks, and last night Greg and I with Dawn and John had the entire theater to ourselves. If you want to see something full of sexual innuendo and laugh a lot while your at it go see The Ugly Truth, if you are in the mood to feel good and leave the theater feeling as if you have accomplished something I HIGHLY recommend seeing Julie & Julia.

However due to the lateness of the show I didn't get to bed until about 1:30am. So as I write to let you know that I have not been hopping on the lazy train again, I am pumping my veins with caffeine and avoiding the children in the gym until I am instructed what we are to do today...

Oh preseason is gonna be rough this year I can already feel it....I am getting old.

I have been very un-slothful this week. So much so in fact I am very sore and tired.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Pictures are posted. Thanks for a great vacation!
Mom