Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Read any good books lately?

Over the past couple of months I have been reading a lot.  Well, a lot for me which is possibly normal for some, and very little when compared to Jen Farroll my "boss."  
Nora Roberts is now on my list of authors I enjoy thanks to Karen.  Her books are of the romance genre, but without the sex scenes that make you blush, while at the same time they have a magical and mysterious element to them.  So far I can recommend the Sign of 7 trilogy, and The Key trilogy.  
I picked up a James Patterson fiction Sundays at Tiffany's it was a quick read due to the large font, it was ok, but I kinda regret buying it. 
Then on my way to TX I read a fiction novel written by Garth Stein titled The Art of Racing in the Rain. This book was worth every penny I paid for it.  It is written through the voice of the family dog.  He tells the dramatic story of his owner in a way that only a dog could.  If you own a pet this book is perfect.  I would be lying if I said I did not cry on the plane (on more than one occasion, it was kinda embarrassing, I think the lady next to me was getting worried) but it is one that I can recommend and know both genders will enjoy it.
I just finished reading Emily  Griffin's romance novel Something Borrowed.  This one I got from Jen among a large stack of books (she likes the romance novels).  It has a lot of twists and turns, it starts a little slow, but the last few chapters tie everything up nicely. I plan on finishing her next book Something Blue and then finding another genre to get into.  
I am kinda over all the lovey dovey stuff, although Nora Roberts came out with a new trilogy (A Vision In White) that I am having a hard time resisting my curiosity.  It was nice a refreshing to read Steins book, and I enjoy books like The Invisible Wall which is historical and autobiographical.  I look forward to what is next.

2 comments:

Jeff and Lauren said...

I read The Shack and highly recommend it! Good food for thought.

Also, I don't know if you have read any of Francine River's books but Redeeming Love was good. I also like her book And The Shofar Blew.

I also like Jodi Piccult books.

Right now I just read books about how to get your puppy to pee outside rather than on your floor. :) I found a GREAT puppy training book but I think you are past that stage!

Karen said...

I did not know about the new Nora Roberts trilogy... on my way to the book store after work! I'm now reading 2012 and How to Care for Aging Parents. I'll give the last one to you and Greg for future years :-)