Greg and I have been running since he got his new iPhone and realized running with Nike+ could be fun, I have been trying to tell him for a year, but men will be men. So tonight we went for a stroll on the Lake Trail. We began our run at dusk and there were an unusually large amount of critters out tonight. Among these were some of the biggest and most annoying dragon flies I have ever seen. Ones that are not afraid of swooping right in front of my face as I was trying to run. I had to swat, dip, or duck, just to avoid being a windshield, I felt like I was playing dodge ball. More than once I had to jump or stutter step just to avoid reptilian attempt at death by a crushing force. That force being my foot. Lizard, gecko, whatever they are (I don't know I am from MI) but they were everywhere soaking up the last bits of sunlight for the day. Whenever we would get near them they would scatter, some would say in an attempt to hide, I call it the lizards attempt at suicide. I mean Greg wears a size 13 shoe, there is not much chance to avoid that thing.

When the run was done we sat on the sea wall, stretched and cooled off, and watched the storm to our north. There was no thunder but a ton of lightning. It is a cool thing in Florida, Heat lightning. Lightning that travels cloud to cloud, it is beautiful. (yes, that is sweat on my shirt…yuck!)
No comments:
Post a Comment