Oh, the joy of having summers off. So, I have made a list for tomorrow, and hopefully you guys will get a sneak peak at my latest quilt in progress, as well as see some pictures of our place now that it is semi-moved into.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Slothfulness,,,, not one of the fruits of the spirit
One of the seven deadly sins. Whenever I hear the word to this day I imagine I am sitting on Eric's futon in Phelps Hall watching the movie Seven and having to leave to go to physiology lab quite disturbed. You know the scene; where the man is laying in the bed being really lazy, almost dead actually, but just enough alive that he is dying of laziness. Well that is how I am feeling these past couple days. I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy time off of work. But when you have no money to spend, no where to go, all your friends are working, it is constantly too hot or too stormy outside to enjoy the summer, you get kinda lazy. My days have been filled with getting out of bed at the early hour of 10am, and even then I only get up because I have to pee. Once I have eaten some brunch I usually grab the book I am reading that day and head to Starbucks because it is a small price to pay to feel like I am actually out doing something. Then when I get back home I take Mya for a walk (The vet said we had a fat bitch, well his words were nicer, but it is fitting in this context) if it is not pouring by that time. After said walk is where I usually sit on the couch to cool off in the AC which is cranked to 78* wondering what to do with the rest of my day, granted it is actually only 3:00 and Greg wont be home for another 4 hours or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment