Monday, May 10, 2010

Crafty

I had a crafty weekend. I forgot to take some photos though...I managed to make a pillow case for my boppy, using the pillow case that came with it as a template. It was my first experience installing a zipper, I was afraid, but it actually went really well. I got some cheap snuggle flannel fabric from Joann's (2.99/yd on sale) and a zipper (1.50) and poof, pillow case. I was pretty impressed with myself, it doesn't quite fit like a glove, but enough that I will be using it and trying again with different fun fabrics. It was so cheap, and I am sure you can't have enough pillow cases!

This weekend: (pictures to follow)
Finish Patrick's quilt (check)
Finish Lilly's quilt top (check)
Get fabric to finish Christie's tree skirt (check, and really cute and on a really good sale, double check)
Make boppy pillow case just to prove to myself I can (check)
Rearrange all the cupboards and counters in the kitchen because you just felt like it (check)
Make way to many oatmeal raisin cookies (check)

Next on the agenda:
Finish tree skirt, eat oatmeal raisin cookies !!!

3 comments:

Eric said...

Where are the pics?

Jeff and Lauren said...

Sheesh...isn't it a bit early to be nesting? I can't wait to see your quilts. I am thinking about making my own soon and I will need tips!

Karen said...

I hope you still have all this energy in June! Can't wait to see your pictures.