Friday, May 7, 2010

God is...

This morning while doing my devos and drinking my chai I was reminded that God is my comforter, counselor, helper, intercessor, advocate, strengthener, and standby.
I have been doing a lot of thinking this week about pretty much everything! It is slow at work so my mind has time to wander. Here is a taste: I am nervous about going up to Michigan in June. I am sad for my family there who has to deal with the deteriorating state of their loved ones, and the knowledge that there is truly nothing we can do to help. I am stressed about being a mom and all those things I don’t know that I don’t know. I was blessed to be there when Katie and Logan were born and to be a huge part in raising them as newborn-infants, but I was not the mom, and that was 8 years ago. There is so much you cannot learn from talking to other moms and reading books, it will just be a learn as you go process. I am worried about who will be the head ATC next year and if we will get along, or if the athletes will like him/her. I am sad because my best friend here is leaving to go only God knows where (no really only God knows…). I think about where Greg and I will be/should be in a year or two. It is a time for change there is no doubt about that and I can only pray that God will be my comforter, counselor, helper, intercessor, advocate, strengthener, and standby in all these situations that are flooding my mind with emotions. That fact if nothing else does provide my heart with some peace…

2 comments:

~Jen~ said...

Literally...Only God knows where!!! Who knows, maybe we'll be fairly close (distance wise) soon. I'm so excited for you Hol, and my one regret about leaving now is that I won't get to be here when Lilly is born to share all my wise 2nd hand knowledge ;) I do know that God has you, just like He has me. My mantra lately has been "He has my back, He has my back.." Feel free to adopt it as your own!!

Barb said...

What a wonderful daughter I have. I am blessed that God is so strong in your life.