
Yesterday we took Mya on a nice long walk on the waterfront. Little did we know it was Jamaican Independence Day so we had some nice blaring music to keep up entertained as we strolled.
Since it has been about 4 weeks since you have seen a side shot I figured this would do. It is all in my face and belly apparently let the swelling begin!
Here is Lilly's Quilt...the first time I have added a tag to a quilt, I got inspired and just folded a square over and sewed it in when I sewed on the binding, it turned out quite well
Here is the back, love this fabric, Hunky Dory by Moda. You can see the little tag in the lower right, and "creepy Minnie" in the left. She was a gift and I like her, but she creeps Greg out hence the name....
Here is the front, all charm squares with cream sashing and yellow border. This would be "good Minnie" she rattles we got her in Disney a few months back.
We decided not to paint since we are renting and painting is a chore, and since Lilly wont be able to use her quilt for a while anyways we just decided to put it on display.
Here is the other corner of the room, don't mind the mess on the floor, I am working on it. The little lamp on the table I embellished with rick rack, and I made the pink and white crib skirt which matched the binding on the quilt. What you can't see from the photos is directly across from the crib is a large dresser/hutch/changing table with ton of storage. Pretty simple but it should do the job. (the swing is in the living room, and the pack and play is in our bedroom for the first few weeks/months).
Here is the quilt that Nana (my mom) made her. It is a rag quilt, all flannel and the hearts are minky. It is very soft and I am sure it will get a ton of use.
2 comments:
Wow! You are so talented! I am jealous of your amazing quilting skills. Turned out so awesome.
I remember people telling me it was all in my belly and when I look back at pictures now I see that they were all lying! My face was pretty puffy too! The good news is that it goes away quickly!
Hello!
I came across your blog and really enjoyed reading it, it looks like you have a great family and an exciting arrival on the way!
I help people put their stories and photos in books, canvas, calendars, cards, and more. I do baby announcements, newborn canvas, etc. Its a website and SO fun and easy to use. I would love to help you as well. Take a look at my blog and let me know what you think. Thanks!! Leslie :)
http://amemorynotforgotten.blogspot.com
Post a Comment