Friday, March 19, 2010

Quilt time

Looks like the fabric I ordered should be at my door when I get home. There must be something in the water right now, or I am just at that age where everyone around me is pregnant or planning to get pregnant or just had a child. Last year I had the joy of making 4 baby quilts for friends a co-workers. This year, so far, I will be making 2. One for Karem, the financial secretary at work will be having a little girl in July, and the other for Dawn, a friend, who will be having a boy in July. I really have had fun shopping for fabrics and coming up with ideas, but I think I am going to go with the easy fat quarter pattern I have used to make Karen a lap quilt with, and the first baby quilt I made for Will. It is really cute and simple and uses a lot of fabrics. Although the "baby" quilt size that the pattern makes is more like a toddler size, so I may be scaling down the pattern a bit. But here are the fat quarter bundles I have chosen...

Karem was using lime green, red, and black for her baby room, so I thought this might be a fun color bundle to use.Dawn was not sure what here nursery theme was going to be but I thought this was just cute boy without screaming sports and cars and so much blue you can't stand it.

I am excited to see what we are going to have there are SO many cute baby quilt patterns out there that I would love to get to make as heirloom projects, I still have the "huggie" Grandma P made for me when I was born.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Love the fabrics!!